Insulating your home is becoming ever more important due to climate change targets and rising energy prices.
Solid wall insulation is therefore a particular focus of programmes, such as the Government’s Energy Company Obligation (ECO), providing access to grant funding and finance with no upfront costs, both of which require a 25 year consumer guarantee.
The SWIGA Quality Framework ensures that all stages of the work, from survey to design and installation are carried out by competent companies using skilled operatives. The work carried out is guaranteed to meet both the stringent high standards of quality and the requirements of an independent third party surveillance scheme.
What does the guarantee offer?
- Installation by member installers covered by third party surveillance using certified systems
- Cover for 10 or 25 years for defective materials, design or workmanship
- Guarantee covers contractor or system holder liquidation and supports homeowner even if contractor is still trading
- Up to £20,000 remedial work
- One-off guarantee payment
- Valid for subsequent owners of the properties
- Standard Guarantee covers all suitable properties up to and including three storeys in height
- Mid and High-Rise guarantees are available via limited number of specialist contractor members
Solid wall insulation measures have been established for over 25 years and have proven track record, however the SWIGA guarantee gives you peace of mind in case of any system defects occurring because of workmanship or materials.